Saturday, April 7, 2012

little devil

Easter Sunday is tomorrow and for that reason I have spent the better part of the day whipping up some tasty treats for our family gathering.  One staple that never goes unappreciated is the classic deviled egg. A funny thing about this "classic", however, is that everyone seems to have their own version they claim to be the best.  I've dabbled in deviled egg making before but haven't found a recipe I've been pleased with until I found this one.  Everything a deviled egg should have is in here- nothing more, nothing less.

Now, before I start bringing you through a photo journey of the process I feel the need to share with you a life-altering (okay, maybe not life-altering, but awesome nonetheless) trick to cooking eggs.  Instead of stressing yourself out over attempting to boil them to perfection...bake them! That's right...I said bake them! Thanks to good ol' pinterest I came across this gem of a blog which walked me through the extremely simple process.  Whether it's one egg or two dozen it's the same cooking time- 30 minutes.  Use her idea of using a mini muffin pan to stop them from rolling around in the oven and you'll have perfectly "hard boiled" eggs in no time!

After cooking make sure to submerge them in an icy bath for about 10 minutes before trying to peel them.
This will also stop the eggs from cooking so your yolks don't turn green!
Perfectly cooked and zero effort.
Remove the yolks from the whites and mash with a fork.
Add in your mayonnaise and spices.  Mix.

Note: Make sure to refrigerate the yolk mixture at least two hours before filling the whites.  This will give the flavors time to intensify and allow the mix to stiffen up.
I like to use a decorative pastry tip to pipe mine.  A little flare never hurt anyone, right?
Sprinkle with paprika.
Eggcellent!

And there you have it!  Perfect deviled eggs!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio