Saturday, April 7, 2012

roll, baby roll


Everybody who's anybody knows that on the rare occasion you have lobster and there are actually leftovers (yes, that can happen) there's only one thing to do: make lobster salad! I was lucky enough to have just about a whole lobster left- chilled, de-shelled, and ready to be made into a scrumptious Saturday sandwich.  Having made this a few (dozen) times before I have definitely learned that the less-is-more principle applies here.

Things you will need:

Chilled, chopped meat from 1 lobster

2 T mayonnaise
1tsp dried dill weed (or to taste)
1 T fresh lemon juice
salt & pepper (to taste)

Ahh, the taste of summer!

That's it! Simple, fresh, and delicious.  I let mine sit in the fridge for about an hour and a half to let the flavors meld before I dove in.  Portuguese rolls from my local deli I had lying around sufficed (I cut a deep V in the top of the roll to ensure it would all pack on top nicely) and after it was lightly toasted I lined it with a crisp piece of iceberg lettuce and stuffed every sweet piece of meat on top.

Next time you find yourself with some leftover lobster meat make sure to try this easy, impressive salad!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio